Fly Tying
Horseshoes

My Neighbour's Spring Choice SWAP/CONTEST

Ok I'm surprised about it not filling up but I'll leave it open till tommorow morning. Then I'll close it. How ever many there are it will be and I'll make up the numbers in order to make it worth while, just to keep the number up to 12. So I'll post tommorrow.

Welcome aboard riffleriversteelheadslayer looking forward to seeing your some sort of mayfly imitation. :headbang: :headbang:

Ok swap is closed. :headbang: Tie up 12 and I will cover for the rest. I'll PM addie on request. Now I have to figure out a way to get my neighbour to choose without knowing. :hyst: :hyst:

I've decided to tie a Caddis Pupa...not sure what colour they are out in Nova Scotia but I'll take a chance.

Any colour you do will be fine. We have an abundant of insects... A lot of the fishermen favour the green, but I have seen all colours at the waters. I have had more success fishing by changing it up at times. I think sometimes the fish are like people and get tired eating the same thing all the time. I can honestly say that I don't know of a colour they have not taken at one time or another.

We have such variable environments to fish in. Any will be fine here. Besides my neighbour has no rhyme or reason as to why he picks the ones he does. I have yet to figure it out yet at least. :rolleyes:

Hey Horseshoes...........please do not tie 48 flies for a swap idea you came up with..........

I can send 2 dozen flies..............I tied a bunch of my beadtail caddis flies in preparation of Spring........I will throw a dozen of them in and whatever other fly I come up with for the contest part.........

Please let me do this..........I can't see you providing that many flies.........it is not fair

ok 2bonthewater that would be very generous. Just let me know what flies you are sending and I'll put them on the board with you name twice listed. Just so the undecided doesn't tie off the same. :yahoo: :yahoo: I just thought it would make it worth while in $ of the postage etc. And...THANK YOU.

riffleriversteelheadslayer addy sent. Looking forward to seeing them. :headbang:

Remember everyone.. this is not a contest as in tying....it is a contest as in what my neighbour would like to try this spring for trout. So relax and enjoy.