Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JayMorr

Ice Off Part Duex

Hey guys I hope everyone is having a fine day at work! Work ....ick. I think we all need to get out and fish! For those of us who are not able to get out for the next few days, I hope these photos will suffice.

threlease_JayMorr.jpg

IMG_5446part2.jpg

Rainbow_Fin.jpg

I'm one of those at work...yes, and it's "ick"

and yes....you suck!

:P

nice photos as always!

Beautiful captures Jay B)

A few more days??? Season does not open here until the 15th of April, but the photos help!

Hey guys I hope everyone is having a fine day at work! Work ....ick. I think we all need to get out and fish! For those of us who are not able to get out for the next few days, I hope these photos will suffice.

Thanks Jay, I really needed that. Trout season doesn't open until 4/11 around here and stripers should show up around then as well, so we're still waiting. In the meantime, I've got thirty-five 16X20's and 14X21's to edit, print, mat and frame by 4/1, so I'm up to my neck in it. Once this show opens, they can send my mail to the banks of the Pawcatuck River. And to think, I got into this to avoid working. Ha Ha Ha! Again, thanks for the reminder of what a fish looks like.

Thanks Jay, I really needed that. Trout season doesn't open until 4/11 around here and stripers should show up around then as well, so we're still waiting. In the meantime, I've got thirty-five 16X20's and 14X21's to edit, print, mat and frame by 4/1, so I'm up to my neck in it. Once this show opens, they can send my mail to the banks of the Pawcatuck River. And to think, I got into this to avoid working. Ha Ha Ha! Again, thanks for the reminder of what a fish looks like.

Sounds familiar!!! I just got my prints back and I need to matte, frame, 4 18x24's for the Wasatch Fly Fishing show that is next week. They asked if I would head up the first Art/Photography Gallery for the show this year. We have around 10 artists who are involved. From this site we have Lynn Scott, MtBrian, Threshershark, and myself.

I will for sure get some photos while at the show to post for everyone.

Peter, what type of photographs are you framing? They going to be in a gallery? That is awesome man!

Jay, the project I'm doing right now consists of ice and sand abstracts for a solo gallery show. Gallery shows are great except that I hate doing openings - if I could get away with it I'd hire a ringer to stand in for me. Maybe I'll stand around in a fur parka and mittens and talk gibberish and pretend I'm just off the boat. That ought to keep everybody at a safe distance. I remember a little Finnish from my grandfather that I could use. (Nobody understands Finnish, including most of the Finns.) I've been shooting some sand abstracts this winter, since the ice has been covered with snow most of the time. You can see some of them on the link below. Looking forward to some pix of the FF show. Sounds like fun.

Great pics.

I'll be on the water tomorrow afternoon and friday morningm, hope to get a couple photos since i am taking my son tomorrow.

A few more....

troutblast_jaymorr.jpg

Feel free to hit my blog for the details.

i gotta ask, is that natural coloring or "enhanced", if its natural i am impressed by your photo taking abilities, if "enhanced" then i am impressed by your photo editing skills, either way consider me impressed :)

Crot,

That last shot is enhanced with a filter. It brings out the color. I thought it was overdone a bit. Still it is a nice effect at times. It also happens to be the same fish in the first sequence shot. The colors were really cool on that fish. You can see more of the original in my first shot.

Also, a quick tip that Brett aka "Threshershark" showed me out in the field.... go into camera settings and toy around with the color and saturation settings. I had my Canon set to "Nuetral" and I went in on these shots and did a custom setting by bumping up contrast, color, and saturation.