Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flatwaxed

Just joined yesterday, Alberta here!!

Hey all, I ve been tying for about 4-5 years and flyfish as much as possible. I live across the street from the Bow River and fish it quite a bit. Here is a cool pic of a nice Red Deer River Brown that we caught on a float this past summer. :headbang:

post-20835-1238127821_thumb.jpg

Welcome Flatwaxed . I hope your river maintains it 's banks.

Me to, the last flood was brutal, mind you it was caused by a month of rain. I cant remember having a winter here like this before, we have been under at least 1' of snow since December 7.......and its been cold. :headbang:

Flatwaxed Your thaw is going to be messy. Good luck and check out the database for patterns and all the different forums.

welcome here! Great to see some more Alberta Rednecks on the board welcome!

cheers Rick!

Hey man hows it going?? Do you fish the Bow much up in the Cochrane area?? I've got a permanent campsite out near Sundre and have stopped in under the bridge at Cochrane a few times and have caught a few small Whites and Bows in the area. :headbang:

Flatwaxed Your thaw is going to be messy. Good luck and check out the database for patterns and all the different forums.

I was out today, it was a real mess and it hasnt even really started to melt yet. That said I did manage a nice mixture of Bows, Browns and one chunky Whitey...probably hooked up 10 or so. I will be sure to regularly check the flies database and all of the forums. :headbang:

I do fish the Bow in and around Cochrane some usually east of town in the evenings and night fishing this part of the Bow is the hardest to fish due to water fluctuation from ghost dam. Where in Sundre do you camp at my mother lives up there i have fished the area allot but usually just fish west of Cochrane in the waipourus creek,the Dogpound,Fallentimber,and Harold creek area's in and out of the Watervalley areas

cheers Rick

hi Flatwaxed

Another Albertian here.. I heard the Bow is going to dry up this year as they are shutting off the water to find Jimmy Hoffa..

HA HA HA HA

How many posts until Im out of the baitfisherman catergory lolololol!!!!! :headbang:

Welcome to the site. Looks like you're already out of the baitfisherman category.

I tried hard man...... :headbang: