Fly Tying
Wellman

*Dragon Fly and Damsel Fly* Swap

Swap closes tomorrow at 2pm central time, so if you want in you better hurry up :) . By the way mouse sweet fly. :yahoo: :headbang: :headbang:

very nice tie, Mouse....I'll be doing a very simple, very elementary, but effective tie called the "My wife laughs at my inability Dragon." :unsure: Actually, its a generic dragon/damsel pattern called simply "Foam Dragon"

Can't wait to see it. I use foam damsels and dragons alot but I need some simple patterns. I never have enough in my box due to the time they take to tie.

I've never fished a foam Dragon Fly, I like the way they look, so I'll be tying more of them now. I can' wait to see all of these flies when they're done.

I've been off the board for over a year with work but would love to get back into swaps. If you have a spot left, I'm in with Green Darner Furled fly from Ken Hanley's book on Furled Flies.

Bob

Eight down four to go. My Dragon Flies should bedone by tomorrow. Then my son (twebb1095) will start working on his Damsel Flies in Blue Foam. He has his Bodies and eyes prepped, he just deciding on a wing material. :blink:

What I use for wings is a plastic white mesh works really well strong and floatant.

looks like this is going to be a great swap...you fellas just have to remember I'm a very good tier of average skill...don't be expecting any showcase peices :rolleyes:

looks like this is going to be a great swap...you fellas just have to remember I'm a very good tier of average skill...don't be expecting any showcase peices :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I've only been at this for a month all in all I've tied almost a hundred flies in that time, most are for swaps. So I'm betting your flies will be far better looking than mine. :lol:

Swaps are the best way to motivate and learn. I love swaps just to see every level of flies. In the end, they usually all catch fish.

Swaps are the best way to motivate and learn. I love swaps just to see every level of flies. In the end, they usually all catch fish.

In the end, that's all that matters...we used to have a saying here on the FTF, Ugly catches fish, too! Beginners, especially the young beginners, can get some bery valuable insight on new techniques and old proven methods....I love the fact that our swapmeister is such a bright young person...very excited about this swap!