Fly Tying

Self inflicted ban

It has come to my attention that some members believe I had something to do with Chris (Big Daddy Hubbard) not being a part of this web site.

This is not true I have never blocked or banned anyone from this web site.

Sometime back BDH Was the host of a swap (Deer hair swap) and with a combination of losing his access to the internet and landing a new job he disappeared form this web site without a word for some time, leaving the swappers wondering if they would ever see there flies from the swap.

Now there was some real concern as some from the swappers really put a lot of time and effort into tying these deer hair bass bugs and some of the swappers starting making there concerns known to me and other moderators and administrator.

As BDH was an assistant administrator of this web site so you can understand the damage it's caused the forum.

Working with the other moderators and Will we tried to get in contact with Chris to see if we could salvage the swap that at this point was two month past due.

Will finally was able to contact him but got no concrete answer about the status of when the swappers could expect there flies.

Trying to do some damage control I posted a reply to the swappers

Dear Swappers

We have an unfortunate occurrence in this swap the Swapmister “Big Daddy Hubbard”

Has defaulted and missed the deadline of sending the flies back to the swappers my best intuition says that your flies will not be returned to you.

As of today “Big Daddy Hubbard” is no longer part of the membership of this web site and is banned from access to it.

I apologize for your flies being lost in this swap and hope this will not reflect badly on this web site or other swapmisters and swaps.

Will has indicated to me that he will issue some kind of gift certificate to the swappers who were part of this swaps and hopes that there are no hard feelings towards the staff of the site.

OSD.

When I posted that it was my understanding the this was the case, but I didn’t do any blocking of him form the web site (I didn’t even know how to do that at the time) in fact within hours Chris was back on the web site posting that he would have flies back to the swappers soon and all he needed was there address again.

After a considerable amount time most of the swappers received there flies, but it is my understanding not all did.

Now if anyone thinks that Chris is blocked form this web site your wrong he can get on anytime he feels like it, just like anyone else.

I may be wrong but I think Chris embarrassed himself on the web site and that’s why he doesn’t take part anymore.

I understand Chris has friends that would like to see him take part in this forum; I also miss his wit and humorous postings (but his ban is a self inflicted one)

Regards

OSD.

If i'm right BDH had a post a while back that he was taken a job at a shop and that it would limit or hardly give him the chance to be on line.

I do not think that he is not here for any reason except his own.As stated by others he is missed and all of the input and laughs that he contributed to the site.

tt

I'm sorry to hear about that, I knew something happened, but had no idea what......I am disapointed in BDH......however, keeping in mind that (if my memory serves me correct) he was probably going thru some tough times (loss of employment)........I would still welcome him back.....after he sent a "from the heart" letter of apology to the moderators of this site as well as anyone he may have stiffed in the swap he hosted......... FWIW

Mike