Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BocaGrandefly

What type of Bobbin do you use?

Titanflies, it is like buying great speakers, it is up to the listener to decide, and there are not totally wrong decisions. Chose what works for you, if you want to try a C&F, I would be happy to loan you one of mine. PM me.

Cheers, Jeff.

OK Futzer you started the speaker tangent..... what pairs do you have? I have a set of linaeums, dunlevy labs sc-1, B&W DM and old AR's... also an REL sub.... my favourite set is the Dunlevy's with the REL and my Tubes to listen to either jazz or dead.

Hey SaltyD, Old skool Klipschorns, with a Klipsch RC62 center, rear M&K's and a push pull M&K 15" dual sub, and all my puters have Klipsch media pro's. My head phones are etymonics too. If I could only win the lottery. :rolleyes:

Now where did we leave that thread on what you listen too while you tie? Like the Clash, or Pink Floyd.

Cheers, Jeff.

Oh Futzer, you have no idea. I have 278 Pink Floyd songs (B-sides, studios and lives). Next highest is Led Zep, then the Doors, then Eric Clapton.

I bow humbly to your collection and knowledge sir! What did you think of the SACD of Dark Side of the Moon?

Cheers, Jeff.

I have 278 Pink Floyd songs (B-sides, studios and lives). Next highest is Led Zep, then the Doors, then Eric Clapton.

Four of my all-time favorites, TitanFlies. I have every album the Doors released. And I could tie for hours to

"Comfortably Numb".

Mike

I have 278 Pink Floyd songs (B-sides, studios and lives). Next highest is Led Zep, then the Doors, then Eric Clapton.

Four of my all-time favorites, TitanFlies. I have every album the Doors released. And I could tie for hours to

"Comfortably Numb".

Mike

I produced so many new creations to Echoes it's borderline stupid. But getting back to the whole bobbin thing. I think I will have to settle on the Rite Bobbin for now or until my club starts back up again.

I bow humbly to your collection and knowledge sir! What did you think of the SACD of Dark Side of the Moon?

Cheers, Jeff.

I'm almost afraid of all the angst that thing produces. One time I was listening to the SACD of DSTM at like 11 o'clock at night and honest to goodness I got scared. Especially with On the Run with the laughing man and the synths.

Cheers, Jeff.

I'm almost afraid of all the angst that thing produces. One time I was listening to the SACD of DSTM at like 11 o'clock at night and honest to goodness I got scared. Especially with On the Run with the laughing man and the synths.

Rite bobbin is a good choice, I like the tension adjustment. I really like what Alan did with Money, that mix is wild.

Cheers, Jeff.

We need to make a thread specifically for Pink Floyd and other rock bands... I could go on for hours.

But yea, Master Guthrie is a genious at what he does. Money is an interesting song because it changes time signatures RIGHT in the middle of the jam. And then continues on the original TS like nothing happened. I get goose-bumps just thinking about it.