Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cussfly16

Going to Colorado, What flies do you all recommend?

Ok, My apologies Andrew and CoachBob, my post came off much more cantankerous than I meant it to. We are talking about my home turf, and places I have fished many, many days, hundreds even. We are talking about a couple of the most technical waters there are. Andrew I should have just said I was skeptical of a 20 yr old from Indiana fishing every weekend at 11 mile, vs. calling you a poser. I know a great many of the shop owners, shop rats, and guides in the state and I do get a bit wound up when someone who has not spent a great deal of time on Colorado rivers is an expert. That is my only point.

Cheers, Jeff.

Ok, My apologies Andrew and CoachBob, my post came off much more cantankerous than I meant it to. We are talking about my home turf, and places I have fished many, many days, hundreds even. We are talking about a couple of the most technical waters there are. Andrew I should have just said I was skeptical of a 20 yr old from Indiana fishing every weekend at 11 mile, vs. calling you a poser. I know a great many of the shop owners, shop rats, and guides in the state and I do get a bit wound up when someone who has not spent a great deal of time on Colorado rivers is an expert. That is my only point.

Cheers, Jeff.

it's alright, you have every right to be skeptical of me. I wasn't trying to sound like an expert because I am no where near being one, I just wanted to make a point that I am tracking the hatch and wanting to give as good of advice I could, I seined the water this past Saturday and was picking up some mayflies that haven't made it to a couple of the charts yet. For example the PMD and even some pheasant tail nymphs that have been taken off a couple of the charts. I have only lived here for 6 months so forgive me. I just wanted to give the info I had in case no one else gave it.

- Eric

Well boys, I am finished tying for this trip. My fishing buddy came over and helped me knock out the last of my list. I know I will still have to buy some from the shops but that is okay. I love getting flies from elsewhere and then fishing them here. I will post some photos if I can get ahold of anything decent enough to take a picture of. Anyhow, I would like to thank everyone who posted and made a contribution.....