Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
AlexC

Write For Hatches

As Winter approaches, the staff at Hatches Magazine would like to encourage all of you to contribute an article to the online version of Hatches Magazine. Remember, Hatches started out as a grassroots effort by the members of this forum. We want to continue showcasing the talent and knowledge of the members of FTF to the rest of the world!

We are looking for step-by-steps, videos, how-to, fly patterns, product reviews, interviews, and just about any other type of fly tying article you can think of! If you're from another country and are worried that you don't speak the best English, or if you speak English and don't feel you're a good writer- Don't worry! Our editorial staff is there to help you make your article successful!

If you have an article, or an idea for an article, please contact me via email (below). We can't guarantee we'll use every piece or idea submitted, but we do promise to give you and your idea the respect it deserves as we do our best to put together the best possible online supplement to the print version of Hatches.

Writers whose work is chosen will receive gift certificates to the Hatches Book & DVD Store!

Send queries or articles to:

[email protected]

Thanks,

Alex

i can testify! I did a short story about spey casting for steelhead in the Pacific Northwest. It didn't fit into Hatches criteria about fly tying so they kicked it over to their sister site www.flyaddicts.com and they published it there. I am so stoked to finally get something i wrote published and out there. If you go to flyaddicts look for a piece titled "Chrome Demons" by R M Slayton. That's me! Enjoy.

i can testify! I did a short story about spey casting for steelhead in the Pacific Northwest. It didn't fit into Hatches criteria about fly tying so they kicked it over to their sister site www.flyaddicts.cpm and they published there1 I am so stoked to finally get something i wrote published and out there. If you go to flyaddicts look for a piece titled "Chrome Demons" by R M Slayton. That me! Enjoy.

That's a great story. I enjoyed reading it. Anyone who hasn't read it should check it out!

i can testify! I did a short story about spey casting for steelhead in the Pacific Northwest. It didn't fit into Hatches criteria about fly tying so they kicked it over to their sister site www.flyaddicts.com and they published it there. I am so stoked to finally get something i wrote published and out there. If you go to flyaddicts look for a piece titled "Chrome Demons" by R M Slayton. That's me! Enjoy.

Congratulations on your newly acquired angling celebrity status! :yahoo:

Cheers!

J.

What length of article are you looking for?

There is no set length. we've got articles that are a couple hundred words, and some that are over 1000.

Thanks,

Alex

can i get your autograph?

I enjoyed your article/story very much freak, don't let it be the only or last one....

can i get your autograph?

Sure! :rolleyes: Where do you want me to put it? :whistle: If you ask for it on your chi chi's :baby: we got problems! Although,,, :devil: ,,,I could get my buddy to tattoo it on your butt! :butt: heck I'll even sit in and he can do a full color tatted portrait :shocking: on one cheek and autograpch the other! :thumbup: :poop: :sick: