Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo

2 man pontoon

As the title says i would like to know what you think of 2 person pontoons?

i dont want a 3man because then it will be too large for me to take out by my self and fish. i watched a guy try and do this in a drift boat and it did not look like fun. 2 person will also work when the wife and i just was to float down the river with friends

Thanks

Jeremy

P.S. i think there need to be a "general fishing" section imo

I'm not sure on the pontoon. But they do look pretty handy. For a general fishing section go to www.talkflyfishing.com. It is a sister site to this one and they will have a lot of input for you.

Hey Jeremy, I have had a number of two person pontoon boats. There are a lot of options out there. There are some good ones and some poor ones and generally speaking you get what you pay for.

This is my ride now and it has some features that I really like. It is very versatile and lightweight.

This is the 'toon:

Scadden Outlaw Avenger

This is the website:

North Fork Outdoors

These are some of top of the line pontoons.

Aire

You can also search the internet and find simple frames to go with the pontoons that you like and customize your own boat. I just recommend searching around for a while and finding a good quality pontoon that fits your water and needs.

TalkFlyFishing.com

Hey Jeremy, I have had a number of two person pontoon boats. There are a lot of options out there. There are some good ones and some poor ones and generally speaking you get what you pay for.

This is my ride now and it has some features that I really like. It is very versatile and lightweight.

This is the 'toon:

Scadden Outlaw Avenger

This is the website:

North Fork Outdoors

These are some of top of the line pontoons.

Aire

You can also search the internet and find simple frames to go with the pontoons that you like and customize your own boat. I just recommend searching around for a while and finding a good quality pontoon that fits your water and needs.

TalkFlyFishing.com

I would suggest staying away from Scadden. A friend of mine had a pontoon rupture last spring and they still refuse to replace it. They want to "upgrade" him for an additional $600 to the next style of pontoon, even though they still make what he has. Doesn't seem to me that they are honoring his warranty. :ripped:

drift boats are going for about $5,000 for the total package now! Boat. Trailer. Everything! (except fish) get the drift boat. it looks cooler and chicks dig em!

Voodoo,

Scadden makes a good boat but struggles with customer service. They may seem lightweight if you have never had the chance to sling another brand around. Truthfully, they are slothfully girthy and heavy compared to some others. On a positive note, the quality and durability of the frame is unbeatable. Often with durability comes weight, as is the case here. Another toon really worth looking at is the Dry Fly made in Irons, MI. I have used one many times and they are incredibly light. They ride real high and extra accessories can be purchsed at a reasonable price. These are not an assembly line production item and do not rely heavily on outsourced manufacturers to deliver in a timely manner (Scadden). You could mount it on top of an SUV by yourself.

Check'em out

http://www.dryflyfloatboats.com/

Regards,

twohearted

2heart that is a nice way to say Scaddens customer service sucks! But the boat is nice to fish from. Bulky and heavy? yes and no depends on your point of view. But customer service is everything and they are not very caring about helping after the sale.

Im always amazed buy bad customer service. In this day and age of communication if I wanted to tell 1000 people that some ones customer service stunk I could do in in 24 hours!

I must say that individual circumstances differ. I have had a couple Scadden pontoons and have had nothing but great service from them. Including contact in which Dave Scadden called me back at my home number after I contacted him by email. Anything I have ordered or had questions on have always been promptly handled. To be honest, I know a lot of guys out here that have Scadden craft of some kind for years and have never had a complaint. I'm not trying to plug them, there are definitely better boats out there but you will pay more.

If you want to drop the dough these are very nice and they have Inflatable drift boats style as well.... and as before the Aire:

FishCraft

Same here Hat. On the adverse, I'm not trying to sink'em either. Love the boat, not the service. Perhaps the key to our dichotomy is the concept of "out here." Out of sight out of mind. You are in the heart of Daves territory. It wouldn't serve him (no pun intended) to have poor local service. Out here, across the country, we (I) don't recieve service commensurate to yours. It is sad because I could sell a few boats for him. I have voiced my feelings to Dave and Larry when purchasing my boat at which time I was strung along for six months. If it is not good business it is bad business and that is all I have to say about this.

Kindly,

Two Hearted