lykos33

wassat

A new addition to the fly pattern database has been submitted by lykos33:

wassat

post-11211-1264905890_thumb.jpg

post-11211-1264905900_thumb.jpg

post-11211-1264905913_thumb.jpg

post-11211-1264905927_thumb.jpg

Called a "wassat" because I have no idea what kind of hackle it is I used...there is a pic of the skin if'ns you wanna take a shot at it and enlighten me....

Hmmmmm, ok that narrows it down for me...I think I can eliminate turkey flats, at least not like anything I ever saw on a turkey I shot... so peacock body or lady amherst pheasant...any more ideas ? Thanks Paul!

Looks like golden pheasant feathers from just below the tippets feathers. If it doesn't look right when you are handling the real thing, it could be a hybrid. They vary a little from the normal ones. I have tied with those feathers before, and they typically splay just like that.

David <><

That is 100% Natural Lady Amherst back feathers they are located just below the neck feathers.

txflytier

Correct, the upper back feathers of the Amherst are a lot rounder than the Golden pheasants corresponding feathers. Otherwise there is no real difference.

That is 100% Natural Lady Amherst back feathers they are located just below the neck feathers.

txflytier

Correct, the upper back feathers of the Amherst are a lot rounder than the Golden pheasants corresponding feathers. Otherwise there is no real difference.

Good call you two! Thank you!

David <><