Fly Tying
Undertow

Dry Fly Capes

Oh.. I wish I saw this thread earlier... Whiting has just put out a new Intro pack. They contain 4 1/2 capes or 4 1/2 saddles in all of the great colors. It retails for 59.00. A great price. And as said earlier, a 1/2 cape will last a long time. Either way, you will be happy with the quality of what you did buy. Have fun tying.

All of this info is good, I just wanted to add that the new Whiting Farms 4 color intro packs are a new grade of feathers, "Pro", and are graded under bronze. If it were me I'd stick with bronze. Capes or 1/2's.

Prograde is not new. It has been around for years. The quality is the same throughout the Whiting line, the Prograde just has less feathers, than the bronze grade. They are great for the beginner.

were did you get them and how much were they ?

I got them from J. Stockard. J. Stockard is the only place I will order materials online from. My orders are always almost shipped the same day I order them and there materials are top grade.

For the 4 half capes it came out to be $133 or so, then with the thread I think it was $144 or so. Free shipping also.

Its no big deal bout not getting the value pack. I will use up the feathers, I tie all winter and usually end up giving away alot of flies to my fishing buddies and people just starting out.

Undertow

I got them from J. Stockard. J. Stockard is the only place I will order materials online from. My orders are always almost shipped the same day I order them and there materials are top grade.

For the 4 half capes it came out to be $133 or so, then with the thread I think it was $144 or so. Free shipping also.

Its no big deal bout not getting the value pack. I will use up the feathers, I tie all winter and usually end up giving away alot of flies to my fishing buddies and people just starting out.

Undertow

That is a fair price to pay, and the nice thing about buying them separately is that you can select the specific colors you like.