Fly Tying
FlatzFatz

Let's see how you store your flies

I'll send you a self addressed envelope and then I can help you store some ... LOL

I keep my inventory in a variety of boxes picked up from wherever is cheapest or free, I don't carry every fly I own when I go fishing. I spend more time organizing with my active set of flies. I have a a box for each stream or area that has specialized flies for that and then I have another box with me for my all purpose flies.

I could use an idea or two :blink:

P1010900.jpg

Yup, you do............

Pick up some clear plastic Plano boxs that will accomodate your flies. Use a Brother label printer to mark the fly name and size so you know what to tye when your fly inventroy is running low.

To organise your hooks you can use the same system. I usually store all the smaller box in a large clear Rubbermaid flip top box.

All my fly tying material is stored in the same Rubbermaid flip top and each is labeled with its contents.

Good Luck!

lol, you and I have a similar problem. I use the small baggies to store the flies as well and use plano boxes to hold the flies. The baggies help store many flies in one plano box but I seem to run out of space quick. I guess the answer is to buy several plano boxes to hold the flies. When spring comes around and the mackerel show up you'll find you have a bunch of extra space :D

look in the centre right those blue drawers are my flies ..wets on the right,Drys on the left, now labeled

IMGP0003.jpg

B) Basking in the beautiful glow of that tying room! That is amazing.

Big plastic boxes!

post-16415-1266650752_thumb.jpg post-16415-1266650760_thumb.jpg

You can get them at any bigger store, maybe wallmart?

Nice fly boxes!

Big plastic boxes!

post-16415-1266650752_thumb.jpg post-16415-1266650760_thumb.jpg

You can get them at any bigger store, maybe wallmart?

Nice fly boxes!

Thanks David :)

Basking in the beautiful glow of that tying room! That is amazing.

Wow.... Couldn't agree more. Where do y'all find those tiny plastic bags though? I have wanted to get some for a while, but am afraid that I'll look like a drug dealer... :ph34r:

Tight lines

-CF

Basking in the beautiful glow of that tying room! That is amazing.

Wow.... Couldn't agree more. Where do y'all find those tiny plastic bags though? I have wanted to get some for a while, but am afraid that I'll look like a drug dealer... :ph34r:

Tight lines

-CF

Joanne's Fabric or Michaels sells them in packs of a 100 or so for only a few bucks, just try not to get pulled over on your way home. ;)

look in the centre right those blue drawers are my flies ..wets on the right,Drys on the left, now labeled

IMGP0003.jpg

B) Basking in the beautiful glow of that tying room! That is amazing.

Thanks that is the old room, I have moved.. not to hiJack, but here it is now, I still have the storage boxes which are really garage mechanic boxes, that work very well, I clear Plano boxes for Swap Flies and one offs..

IMGP0001-1.jpg

IMGP0002-1.jpg

IMGP0003-2.jpg

IMGP0004-2.jpg