Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
iso18

usual"bunny fly"

Not to be critical but... Your last 2 database submission photos are out of focus and are of very little help to anyone. In the future, before you submit a photo to the database, make sure you have a quality photo that lets other know that you are posting something of value to the group and shows off your talent. "IMHO"

Rob

Nice looking fly. I agree on the photo quality though. Two problems I think I see here... first, I don't think you are in the macro mode. Look for an option that has an icon that looks like the profile of a flower. Second, I think your lens needs to be cleaned... probably just has a fingerprint on it. Take care of those two things, and you should be getting some great images. But back to the fly... looks like a nice emerger. I like it.

Nice looking fly. I agree on the photo quality though. Two problems I think I see here... first, I don't think you are in the macro mode. Look for an option that has an icon that looks like the profile of a flower. Second, I think your lens needs to be cleaned... probably just has a fingerprint on it. Take care of those two things, and you should be getting some great images. But back to the fly... looks like a nice emerger. I like it.

I am using a vivitar camera ($89.00).The little flower is on.It's in macro mode. I don't know what else to do,i can see the flies,there not perfect pics,but you can see the overall fly.Anyways i'll just stop posting submissions.

shane

Shane, my goal was not to discourage you. Everyone wants to post flies. It is really exciting to see your own flies posted and have people comment on them. It will be discouraging to you to keep posting photos and no one comments on them or ignores them altogether because of the poor photo quality. Try some different settings, different focal lengths, and a different background and see if you can clear up the image a little.

Rob

I am using a vivitar camera ($89.00).The little flower is on.It's in macro mode. I don't know what else to do,i can see the flies,there not perfect pics,but you can see the overall fly.Anyways i'll just stop posting submissions.

shane

Being in the macro mode is the place to start. Next, make sure you are zoomed out to wide angle, not the telephoto setting. It's counterintuitive, I know, but most point and shoot models do not do well in tele for macro shots. Next, do check the lens to see if it is clean. I see what appears to be halation or diffusion, which is caused by a dirty lens more often than anything else... usually fingerprints. Finally, add more light. That will help immensely. Nothing wrong with a Vivitar camera generally, though there could be. Maybe it's not fully funtional. It can happen. Try the other things first, and see how you do. Let me know how it's working out. I will be glad to help if I can. I spent thirty years in the camera business, so I can probably help you figure it out. And for the record, I hope you don't stop posting submissions. I'd rather see mediocre shots from you than none at all.

David <><