Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
chrismartin

Calling all Stillwater Fly Fisherman (especially the ones from BC0

I'm heading back to BC, from Ontario, for a little family time... I'm going to be close to Sheridan Lake, a well know lunker rainbow factory. I've done a lot of research and am ready for stillwater fishing, however, two suggested patterns elude me. It is suggests that the horse hair nymph and the Slim Pickin’s are two must have flies for this lake. I have no idea what these two flies look like, how to tie them, what they imitate and what size to tie them in. Is there anybody out there who can help me out?

Thanks

I have fished this lake quite a few times in my life and have not sed these patterns. I ussually use and find success with larger streamers. I like bunny leaches and double bunnies. Maybe some one else can offer some more advice on the patterns you mentioned...

Have you looked in Art Lingrens books on flies of BC ? He's got a couple books, one on the old patterns and one on the contemporary patterns. Unless they are real regional, lodge or lake specific patterns they might be in there. I've never heard of them before and I'm not home to check the books.

If your going now, til JUNE Chironomids. june- july Mayflys, July 15-August15 Damsel Nymphs, Theres a good Caddis hatch during this period too. You might find the flies that your looking for at the shop in Lone Butte. Of Course all of my favorite patterns are tyed using Liquid Lace.