Fly Tying
smallieFanatic

"Amazing Facts Thread"

There are three main types of peacock pheasant (Palawan, Grey and Malayan)all come form Southeast Asia and the Philipines area. They are jungle birds and can not handle temps in the United States without heated pens. Wing and flight feathers have one or two beautiful eyes on each feather. The eyes are either blue or green depending on species.

Next subject ......copepods

post-25820-1273842471_thumb.jpg

post-25820-1273842648_thumb.jpg

The largest one, Pennella balaenopterae, can grow to be over a foot long.

Next topic: Brass Era Automobiles

The automotive Brass Era is the first period of automotive manufacturing, named for the prominent brass fittings used during this time for such things as lights and radiators. It extends from the first commercial automobiles marketed in the 1890s until about World War I. The term "Brass Era automobile" is a retronym for "horseless carriage," the original name for such vehicles, which is still in use today. The Brass Era closely followed the Veteran Era.

Next Subject: Infrared rays

smallieFanatic thanks for this thread I am enjoying it greatly. :clapping: :thumbup:

And the answer is not "the fly at the end of D5s rod" But it is close!

Next. Most common source of food for the smallmouth bass.

Is completely dependent on the environment they are located in and is usually the predominant forage species available.

Being ambush feeders like most other bass species it is whatever takes the least energy expenditure for the size of the meal.

Next topic BP Oil Spill

No doubt will be used in some way to cram Cap & Trade down our throats.

Next topic: Is Joe Biden the best life insurance ever for the President?

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

Disasters such as this will no doubt spur new ideas about prevention and clean up of future spills - whether from shipwreck, storm, accident, or sabotage. The fingerpointing is not helping anyone. It's hard to cite 'fact' about this particular spill, since there are very few similar stories. One example I heard was that this is the worst spill ever. Ten minutes later I read that it will take about two more months to reach the magnitude of the spill caused when the Valdez ruptured and something like eleven YEARS to surpass the amount of oil spilled by Saddam Hussein when he was vacating Kuwait.

Ecologically, this spill is nothing but bad news along the gulf coast. It's hard to lay blame for winds and tides that move the oil towards the shore. Surely the 'fatcats' at BP will be sued countless times for something they could not have prevented even if they were on board the rig and this doesn't help anyone but the lawyers involved in both prosecution and defense.

I expect gas to be upward of $3/gallon by summer again - just in time to feed my boat. I hate to rant like this, but BP eventually will get the leak plugged, they will be fined and they will pay for as much of the clean up as they can do. Our Senators are wasting our tax dollars hoping to look good on CSPAN grilling oil execs instead of working on things that might actually help our country.

I'm done now.

Next topic: HHO gas (to save money at the pumps!)

Next. Most common source of food for the smallmouth bass.

Is completely dependent on the environment they are located in and is usually the predominant forage species available.

Being ambush feeders like most other bass species it is whatever takes the least energy expenditure for the size of the meal.

Next topic BP Oil Spill

Amazing answer to a trick question!!! Most people say crawfish. It is true if craws are present and in abundance they can consist of as much as 75% of thier diet. But your answer is "more correct" than just saying craws.

Oxyhydrogen is a mixture of hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2) gases, typically in a 2:1 molar ratio, the same proportion as water.[1] This gaseous mixture is used for torches for the processing of refractory materials and was the first gaseous mixture used for welding. In practice a ratio of 4:1 or 5:1 hydrogen:oxygen is required to avoid an oxidizing flame

If utilized for fuel for cars it need to be noted that the most prevalent greenhouse gas in our atmosphere will grow immensely. The exhaust from hho gas is water vapor. Water vapor is the most common green house gas.

Next subject: CNG (compressed natural gas)