Fly Tying
Kirk Dietrich

Cool red flowers a mystery to me

I ran across a plant with these really great looking flowers, I wish my pics did them justice. I have no idea what they are - any plant people out there know what this is?

Kirk

DSC_0011-2.jpg

KED_7795-1.jpg

KED_7802-2.jpg

Not sure but they are purty :) I really like the second one with all the dark green involved.

Thanks Ty.

Gustav, the plant has woody trunk and branches. It is some type of shrub. I"ll have to take a picture of the entire plant when I get out there again. I was just taken by the flowers and getting close ups of them not thinking to post and ask what they were or I would have taken a whole plant shot then.

Kirk

I ran across a plant with these really great looking flowers, I wish my pics did them justice. I have no idea what they are - any plant people out there know what this is?

Kirk

KED_7795-1.jpg

KED_7802-2.jpg

I'd say the pics did justice. That second one is very nice!

RiffleRiver, I looked up your suggestion, the leaves aren't the same, I'm thinking it is some kind of firecracker/salvia of some sort but not any I'm familiar with. The leaves and flowers of the Red Buckeye are different.

Blake, thanks. I like the second one too.

Red is such a hard color to capture in digital.

Red has been tough to capture for me!! Something about that color that makes it tough. Anyone know why?

RiffleRiver, I posted a pic of the plant to the original post. After second look, I'm not sure, it may be that buckeye plant. What'cha think?

Kirk