Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
zug buggin

Hello form the deep South

Hi Y'all

I just wanted to say hello from Atlanta, Georgia. I've been tying off and on since 1985 when I first started trout fishing on the Chattooga River. I've caught good trout on the Chattooga and Chattahoochee and prefer the bigger rivers seems the Brook Trout craze thats got fly fishermen hiking for miles and fishing streams that you can step across never infected me. After I got married and had children I had to give up trout fishing because of the no time and no money that comes along with marriage. Now my youngest is a senior in High School I'm back into fishing and tying for the last few years. I'm a lover of striving for the excellence of imitation, a believer in keeping it simple, and a hater of taking the easy way out, that being any fly that doesn't suggest some kind of natural food source and uses excessive color or flash to draw strikes from fish. I just don't get it, why do that? Why not go back to spin fishing. I would prefer and have gone fish less in my refusal to tie on a pink San Juan worm, or y2k, or Rainbow warrior, or any other fly that would be commonly referred to as a "Delayed Harvest Fly" here in Georgia also sometimes referred to as a "Junk Food Fly" Anyway that's just me and my 2 cents on how I live my trout fishing and tying life.

Also you are correct us Southern boys are stupid and can't spell, seems the Spell Checker won't work for the title line

Hello Zug Buggin! I'm from McDonough, GA myself which is right outside of Atlanta. Welcome to the forum!

Hi Big J

I'm from Douglasville, I'm glad I found this site. I think I'll like it here, I read quite a few post before posting the first time. I've grown so tired of the "know it all" and the "post 8 paragraphs to show how much I know" on NGTO. I didn't see much of that here which was a big relief. I guess you can tell from my intro I'm very opinionated but the bull I throw around is almost always intended for me or to be about me, I'm very much a "to each his own" kinda of guy. I'm just not a fan of DH fishing but I'm not for closing them down I think they need more of them to keep the pink San Juan worm fishermen on the DH and away from where I'm at.

Everyone on this site seems to be here to learn and gain more so than to show off. There are some flat out amazing fly tiers on here and then there are beginners on here, so a little of both worlds. The number of swaps on here are numerous and always something to keep you busy. I'm fairly new to fly fishing and fly tying. I have been fly fishing for two years and tying for one year, so I still have a lot to learn. I am only 20 and just recently got into trout fly fishing(on the south side of Atlanta there is no trout streams of rivers around). I am going to college up in Virginia (where I am now) and have some nice national forest up here so I have been hitting up the brookie streams. Know you said your impartial to them, but they have really made my casting skills better and are some pretty fish to catch in the fall with their spawning colors. Plan on making some trips this summer up to north Georgia for trout and excited for that. Hope to see you around the forum and if you need me, just pm. Jacob