Fly Tying
Pujic

2004 OFT / FTF Photo Contest Results

What can I say?

First I’d like to tell you all how much I love my wife and my three boys for the great times we share here on Lake Congamond. I thank the FTF academy for bestowing this honor on me. To Will Mullis for creating this great site. To Nick Pujic and gang for sponsoring this great award. OH Canada! Our home and native land, true patriot love...... Sorry, I love hockey. Ex Whaler fan.

The sunset shot is from our neighborhood beach taken with my Olympus 300 in June of 2004. It was taken from the east shore overlooking a spawning flat that has produced many great fly rod fish over the 21 years we have lived here. From the ever-present bluegills to largemouth bass and the occasional "lunker" I have been so lucky in life. This just adds to it.

I can’t wait to see the great craftsmanship that will come from the next Fly Tyer of the Year Competition. Definitely a great deal of talent comes from the members in this forum. It will keep getting better and tougher to win each year.

Thanks again, GHow

Thanks for hosting such a neat contest! It is a treat to have some eye candy to look at once in a while while visting fly fishing sites!

That one winning picture made me cold just looking at it! Cool!

Thanks for the compliment ridderbos3. What you don't see in that shot is to the right, just out of the picture, a grizzly snacking on an elk! I'm glad I went with the rainbows instead! The picture was made with a little Pentax WR-33.

We need to do this again in mid-winter when almost all of us are suffering from the shack nasties.

Thanks again!