Fly Tying
flyderaght

fishy is at it again

he has come up with another one using duct tape this time.

Its in the spring copy of flytyer. I am pissed as I bought the mag then found I could get it free by googling the pattern and seeing the online version. tried to post the link but it will not work as it is a pdf.

marc

I saw that. I think I'll have to pick up a roll of foil tape and give it a go...

Can one of you post the name of fly so I can find the silly thing... I love Fishy flies, so outside of the box it's awesome.

Steve

steve, google his name and the fly duck tape fly. you will find a link called onlinepubs.com I think and it is for the current issue of flytyer.

marc

steve, google his name and the fly duck tape fly. you will find a link called onlinepubs.com I think and it is for the current issue of flytyer.

marc

Thanks but I broke down and just went out and bought a dang issue earlier today.... very sweet fly and I will be tying some soon.

Steve

it's a cool idea, perhaps in a survival situation or something. IMO it is sort of like eating chicken feet when you have the whole rest of the bird to enjoy... yes it can be done but there are many better options.