Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mahaney

Dr Slick vs Orvis Master Tools

B-Rad,

Where bouts did you get them for that price in Ottawa? Are you sure they are titanium?

That just sounds a little inexpensive from the prices I've seen.

they sure are titanuim!!!!! It was a place on richardson Its a Orvis sponsord shop> sorry I don't remember the name of the Place I've only been there a few times because I live in Kingston wich is about 2-2 1/2 hours away

B-Rad, Hope you didn't take that the wrong way. I was just surprised you could get them that cheap.

I did a google and this is what I've found

Orvis Green Drake Outfitters

342 Richmond Road

Ottawa, ON

K2A 0E8

Tel: 613-828-1915

wonder if this is the shop? I'm going to send them an email. Cause I'd like to get a pair of these, especially if that is the price you paid for them.

no offence taken at all biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif That sounds like the right place

I bought mine there about 8 months ago. If you go and they still have them for that price please let me know as they would make a great gift

ok so all thing talking is made me second guess my purchase... so I went on line a =nd search dr slicks and found that I was mistaken, I'm sorry to say I didn't buy the titanium one but the tungsten ones. However They are and awsome pair.

Oh well it was an honest mistake

It's all good B-rad. I thought it was too good to be true. The tungsen scissors look just as nice in my opinion. I've never used anything other than cheapo sunrise scissors, that's the reason I've gone through at least 30 pairs, not kidding you. Couple bucks a shot not a big deal, they did the trick.

Has anyone out there tried both the tungsen and the titanium and can give a comparison of the two performance wise?

crying.gif

lol well if spent that much on the cheap ones then you should have got the tungsten biggrin.gif mine are 8 months old and still as shap as the day I bought them

Tungsten makes sense. I read this thread wondering what in the world titanium would bring to the dance other than a little lighter weight and a lot heavier price. wink.gif

I have the Dr. Slick (ain't THAT guy a genius!) tungsten, fine point and serrated scissors but my favorite and most comfortable are still the relatively inexpensive Anvil's with the two different length finger holes. They hide nicely in my hand and never have to be put down.