Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishing99

Who Fishes the Truckee???????

Hi,

I will be in Tahoe the last week in June. Would love to communicate with someone who regularly fishes this river to get some info on it.

Thanks,

Byron

You should talk to my buddy Tim at Irideus,He lives up there and is a great fisherman.Look him up irideus.com

I live in the area and fish the Truckee. Check out this blog for updates http://www.gilligansguideservice.blogspot.com/

Today he talked about the LT (Little Truckee River), but look at the last few for updates on the BT (Truckee River). Also check out http://www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com/ Between these two you should find enough info. Hope this helps.

The Truckee might be fishable by the end of June. The projected flows show that they will be keeping the rivers around here pretty high to make room for massive amounts of run off that are expected from record snowfalls. When it does get back to normal flows there should be some willing fish that haven't seen flies in a while. I fish it regularly so if there is anything you need to know ask away.

he was talking about fishing the CA side near Tahoe where the flows are better. I figured the links I provided would give him the info he needed, but haven't heard anything back. I am new to fly fishing maybe this summer we can get together and you can show me some tricks.

Yes the flows are better near Truckee but they are still at least twice as high as normal. Once you hit the Prosser creek area it starts jumping rapidly. The river should hopefully be back to normal around mid to late June. The second blog listed by Frank P is one to follow. He knows his stuff.

Talk to Matt, aka Gilligan at Gilligans Matts a great guy, Ive fished with him a time or two and can safely say that he is one of the truckee experts. Frank Pisciotta is the Guru of the Truckee and his web site is: cyberfly. Between these two guys you can't miss

I gave him the same two people's sites also, but haven't had a response