Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
salty fly

my daughters fish on the fly

My wife and I took my daughter,she is 5, to the lake for some good famley time this weekend.I got a hand full of large mouth early in the day.Then we kayaked around for a little bit found a nice place to sit and eat lunch.Hanging out in the shade,I saw a bunch of bluegills,I tied on a size 8 hex nymph they were hitting like crazy,I felt like I was cheating.So I called my gril over and I said do you want to try to fish with my fly rod,she has a little Barbie pole that she has hooked up with some gills before.She was more than stoked,I helped her with a few casts,got her in the sweet spot.She got in to a nice sized gill.I had her strip in the line she brought him in all the way.She was really happy to have landed a fish on dads fly rod.Latter she said to me that next she needs to learn to tie flies,I think dad needs to watch out,soon she will be kicking my butt all over the lake.It was a good day to share something I love with someone I love.