Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
wvscotsman

Some Pics of WV

My wife is the shutterbug. Here are some pictures she took on our last trip to the Elk river in the hills of West Virginia.

The Elk River section that I am fishign here is C&R. It is just down stream from where this part of the river springs out of the mountains. It travels about six miles through limestone rock in the mountains. The water is 50 degrees in the summer. Perfect fishing! The head of the C&R section is by Elk Springs resort. They have a fully stocked fly fishing shop. You should really check them out if you are in the area. Great people and the best hospitality you will ever find.

Here is a picture of the elk.

th_elkriver.jpg

Here is the first rainbow I ever caught on the fly rod.

th_beautifulbow.jpg

Here is a waterfall on the Elk a little ways below the C&R section.

th_waterfallontheelk.jpg

Here is a very unhappy crawdad.

th_pissedoffcrawdad.jpg

Hooked up at the mill pool by the Elk Springs Resort. At any time right where I am you can visually see no less than 20 fish. It is awesome fishing.

th_millpoolontheelk.jpg

I will post more pictures later. Wife usually goes with me and just takes pictures.

I fish in Webster springs area ever year during fish for free weekend in WV. One section of the elk has 22 waterfalls in 2 miles an amazing area to fish. Nice pictures

I fish in Webster springs area ever year during fish for free weekend in WV. One section of the elk has 22 waterfalls in 2 miles an amazing area to fish. Nice pictures

You should come to Mineral County and try the North Branch.

Kevin

Kevin

Currently in Utah for 3 more weeks then head to Ohio on the PA border for the winter. Dont think Ill make to WV this fall bc steelheads are running already and need to hook in to some northern pike on the fly before the ice moves in for the winter. I miss the mountain streams of WV but pulled some nice trout out of Alpine lakes this summer.

kyle

Kevin

Currently in Utah for 3 more weeks then head to Ohio on the PA border for the winter. Dont think Ill make to WV this fall bc steelheads are running already and need to hook in to some northern pike on the fly before the ice moves in for the winter. I miss the mountain streams of WV but pulled some nice trout out of Alpine lakes this summer.

kyle

I'm planning a steelhead trip to NY in the spring. It will be my first time, and I can't wait. I'm going with my cousin and he goes every year.

Kevin