Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Aqueous1025

A big thanks to all on this forum

Hello all,

I always had bad luck with fishing, first thirty years and I only caught 3 or so fish. I stopped for the last ten. Interesting though I moved to a new house in texas with a rod iron fence for a back fence with a really nice creek about throwing distance from my fence. It is free, no license catch and release to homeowners. After about almost a year of living here my wife bugged me to go with her and fish. She loves to fish and would always go with her relatives but I never did. So I went fishing and I cought about five fish in an afternoon. I went again and caught about ten. I looked for a good spot and the water damn/break right behind my house looked like a good spot. I stopped counting after a dozen. Any how enough rambling, Im hooked again.

I decided to tie again and figured this creek is kinda looking like fly fishing it would work even better. I havent tied flies in twenty years and FAOL and this forum has helped a lot. I put together a list of some good books and tying tools thanks to all of you. Most of the books and tools are actually in the mail on their way now. I am so grateful of this site in particular. I am disabled and this is a really small town. I cant get to where there are any fly shops so putting this list of tools and books to get me going again from this site is a blessing. I wound up tying flies for a shop when I was a kid in trade for materials. I never learned how to fly fish and i figure now that i dont have a lot to do it might be a good time to learn. I look forward to learning and making friends with you all. thank you all again this site is wonderfull.

Oh yeah I live in Little Elm the ne corner of Texas. In the area you probably know of the two big lakes above DFW, its in the middle eastern side of those lakes east of Denton.

I actually love living in Texas. This area is so nice with the two big lakes, tons of creeks, and lots of rivers all right by my house; but I need a license to fish those, and its october, lol. We will probably buy licenses at the begging of the year for sure. Figure plenty of time to try out my nifty toys when they get here and tie some stuff for next year. Maybe even play a little behind my house with them on days that are not too cold, my disability and cold really do not get a long.

I got my Fly Tiers Benshside reference today, WOW , I can see why you all said its a must have. It is so beautifully put together.

And again ty all for being so nice :-)