Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigfoot

Foam Help

Can some one point me in the right direction on where I can purchase the foam blocks that smallmouth fly shop, angler's workshop sell? I am needing to buy it in sheets. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks BF

Not sure where he gets them but a rod builder friend of mine buys foam blocks that he turns down for rod handles. You might want to search rod builder supply houses.

Also, you can make your own blocks by gluing sheets together.

Kirk

Guest rich mc

also try a carpet cleaning supply house. they sell high density foam blocks for placing under heavy furniture. jon-don inc is one source

Thanks for all of the helps guys. I am needing to purchase the foam in 4x8 sheets. My daughter is opening up a karate studio and needing it for the floor and walls. I feel like that type of foam would work great for her if we can find a source. BF

Thanks for the help flytire. I think the fly tying foam would work better it is more dense and would last a lot longer in my opinion. BF

Thanks for the help flytire. I think the fly tying foam would work better it is more dense and would last a lot longer in my opinion. BF

Fly tie foam is just foam in colors in a denisity. The denisity is called weight. You can solve your problem here