Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CrzyMtnMan

Greetings....

Did not really see a place to post a proper introduction post, so here I am. Fly tying has been something I have wanted to try for many years. I have been a spin fisherman since I was old enough to hold a rod, however with some conversation, and interest in tying my own spinners along with flies, the wife gave me a fly tying kit for our anniversary last month. This past summer I fished my fathers old fly rod, along with my wife and some friends that had never tried it. We all fell in love with it, and as I have wanted to try tying flies for years, even with cracked line from and old real had a fun day of it. I initially wanted to try this as a way to tie my own spinners, however have fell in love with the art of tying the fly and fishing the fly. If all goes well I will have an attached picture of the flies I have tied, and I am excited to reline Dad's old real and pitch some to the water. I have lurked here a bit, and want to thank the members for the advice and help I have have seen, and look forward to contributing to the forum.

post-35792-0-13110600-1320720370_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard Crazy Mountain man! We welcome your enthusiastic leap into this crazy world of flytying and look forward to your questions, answers, successes and (yes, even) failures. We hope we can help you over some of the rough patches and look forward to seeing your flies.

Welcome to the forums, I see from some of your flies you like to scissor trim the tails on the flies, this is ill advised since it doesn't look normal, it you want to trim the tails, use your thumbnail and finger and pull, it varies the length and makes it look more natural, but those are some good flies for just starting out.

Visit and post often

Blane