Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Tradtional Cork Poppers

Hey guys! Here are some pictures of a few poppers I tied this weekend. Check out the other postings for some close up pictures of these flies. I'm also including a picture of 3 flies tied by RedneckFisherman. Looks like he's off to a good start with his fly tying. I really liked the deer hair fly.

post-2-1068338678.jpg

Mark, my site URL is http://www.chesapeakefly.com

I've tied Seaducers in just about every color imaginable, and they're still one of my favorite all around flies for bass & saltwater use.

I'm also very familiar with Tom Nixon's flies, they're some that I tied & used many years ago. I started tying about 1966. Although I don't own a copy of Tom's book, I have some other books that list many of his patterns.

I'll add that link as soon as I can! Thanks! biggrin.gif

It's about damn time you showed off your skills a little bit around here, I can vouch for this guy when it comes to making bass flies he is the man!!! Awesome BDH simply awesome!

great flies, Jim...I wish the camera I had took a better picture...cheap little digital job and the focus is horrible...might take a few hard copy photos and scan them in at some other time..... The last photo wa sof REdneck's work..these are his first flies, but you can already tell this kid has tying talent. The deerhair fly was well done for a first time tier.

Redneck, Your flies were fine. All you need is just a little practice, but it is abundantly clear that you already have a great understanding of form and appearance. Don't be in a rush, the skill comes only with practice, but you obviously have what it takes to be a great tier someday!!!!!!

if you get down here this weekend, we'll have a few popper lessons!!!! Or just send 2.00 ea to ...lol

oh, and Jim, that comment about your daughter was emotionally painful and spiteful...I love it when you get that fire in your eyes!!!!! wub.gif

BD, you know how I am about her! Sorry to hear about your pain, but it has to be less painful than if I use my Smith & Wesson! devil.gif

Here's a picture of a bass size popper tied using the preformed hard foam bodies, but the same can be done with cork or balsa. This is a size #2 body on a 1/0 hook.

The head is painted & epoxy / glitter coated. The cupped face is painted bright red.

user posted image

Here's a picture of the Mustad Signature Series popper hook that I used on this popper.

user posted image