Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kingfisher

Computers of 2004...

Picture from 1954 Popular Mechanics Magazine... their prediction of what the home computer would look like in 2004 (so long as certain technical advancements had been made in the interim).

post-3-1101846204.jpg

That's the model dell I have!

It's the computer that updated my avitar.

BFR

laugh.gif

WTF? Is there a rudder on that thing or something?! My computer doesn't have a rudder - I guess we've still got a ways to go then.

They may have a steering wheel on there computer but i still got them beat. carl you were probably wondering why my IE is so fast......its because i just finished installing a supercharger on my HP drive!...more power baby!! laugh.gif

user posted image

QUOTE (bentflyrod @ Nov 30 2004, 04:02 PM)
Is that the ie blower edition.

BFR

Yup comes complete with a Nitrous injection for the printer, i can print 100 color pages in 8 seconds flat! smoke.gif

catchin them as the printer spits them out is a bitch though unsure.gif

SD

biggrin.gif SD- nuthin like being fully blown!...we know its' not "internet friendly" laugh.gif , so probably not environmentally friendly either...thought super moderators were supposed to set the example! dunno.gif

Carl- I'm voting for your laptop 'cause it looks like it has dual 8-track players onboard! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif Low-tech rules..."play that funcky music till ya die...till ya diiiiieeeeeeeee" headbang.gif

A.A.

QUOTE (appalachian angler (tn.) @ Dec 1 2004, 08:26 AM)
thought super moderators were supposed to set the example! dunno.gif

A.A.

God i hope thats not true, if it is then you guys are getting what Wills paid for wink.gif

it looks like it has dual 8-track players onboard

lol.gif

Just think, there is even a punch-card reader aboard! The ultimate in permanent data storage.

And I love the text at the bottom of Kingfisher's first picture: "...And with Teletype Interface and the Fortran language, the computer will be easy to use." Yea. Fortran. Easy to use. laugh.gif Reminds me of my old Data General days. huh.gif