Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Just found out I'm Mr. Mom

Got a phone call from a local radio station (KMPS) and found out that my girlfriend Tiffany submitted me for a contest. Found out I won. LOL.

Here's the contest. There is a group called Lonestar (yeah, I listen to country music lol) that has a song out called "Mr. Mom". Contest was to tell about your Mr. Mom. Her letter about me won the contest. Get free dinner at the Elliott's Oysterhouse in Seattle and tickets to see Lonestar at the Moore theatre. Shocked the hell outta me. Now, just need to see if my girlfriend can get off work that night to go.

Thought I'd share. Thought it was funny being called Mr. Mom.

Now what would make you think that a mature adult like myself couldnt handle the.................. devil.gif oh alright! i cant help myself

Its alright Jerry you can be Mr.mom and still be manly..... whistling1.gif

user posted image

Ok, here's the letter she sent via email.

Hi Stubbs. I would like to nominate my boyfriend Jerry for the Mr. Mom contest. Jerry and I have been together 6 years now(living together 5), and when I first started dating him he made perfectly clear that his 2 kids were the center of his life. He had gone through a bad divorce, at the end of which he had gotten full custody of both children, Mackenzie(4 1/2 at the time) and Bradley(2 at the time). He was working a full time job and taking care of them.

When I moved in they stayed at home with me. But 2 years ago Jerry sustained and on the job injured and is off work on L&I, so we switched places. I went to work, and he stayed at home. Driving the kids to school, picking them up, packing lunches, tucking them in at night, going to parent/teacher conferences....the WHOLE works. The kids are excelling in school, very happy, and thrilled to have daddy at home(although they say they would like both of us to be home all the time, lol). So now Mackenzie, 10 and Bradley(almost 8) have had Jerry as their Mr. Mom for almost 2 years. Its gonna send our whole world spinning when he goes back to work in January and I am at home again...I surely hope I can remember how to be domestic again and do as good of a job as he has been doing.

He is the love of my life, and seeing how wonderful of a father he is just makes me love him more:-) Thanks for listening.

That is great Jerry, you are indeed fortunate to have such a loving and thoguhtful wife.

By the way, I like the camo skirt, and, no, it does NOT make your butt look big. laugh.gif

Paul, I DON'T want to go back to work. Been mostly subsidizing being off with my 401K. She makes about $1100 a month take home. I take home that much per week as a UPS driver. LOL. So, you can see where lifestyle choices, I'd like to be back to work (and I get free medical on top of that, we have none now).

Jerry - What a great letter! Have fun with your dinner. I suppose now that you'll be back in the saddle we'll see fewer flies submitted?

QUOTE (Kingfisher @ Dec 2 2004, 08:39 AM)
Jerry - What a great letter!  Have fun with your dinner.  I suppose now that you'll be back in the saddle we'll see fewer flies submitted?

yeah but materials will sure get delivered right and on time!!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Enjoy your family and the prize, Jerry - Congrats!

LOL. I'm fixed, no X3 from this kid. biggrin.gif

I'll still be putting out flies, so no worries there. I've purposely kept my tying to "working" schedule. So I am only tying about same amount of flies and jigs I normally would've while I was working full time at UPS (have even brought my stuff and tied on my lunchbreak at UPS lol). So only thing that'll go down when I'm back to work is my posting during the day. Most of it will be done at night.

Yup, can't wait. Have heard so many good things about the place. And wholly cow, the prices. Was picked as one of the 10 best seafood restaurants in the US. Prices reflect that. LOL.