Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hermansen

Sweden talking

Hey there, welcome smile.gif

And how was your salmon season? I always hear about fishing Norway, but not much about Sweden. A friend used to fish Ninna Kervo for the annual salmon run. I have a picture of one of his catches and it's an enormous specimen that was estimated at about 25 kilos and a length of 134cm. It took Peter an hour to land on an 8wt. He has since passed away and I miss his his stories of Norway, Argentina and other remote areas of the world.

QUOTE (Shoe @ Nov 8 2003, 09:34 AM)
Hey there, welcome smile.gif

And how was your salmon season? I always hear about fishing Norway, but not much about Sweden. A friend used to fish Ninna Kervo for the annual salmon run. I have a picture of one of his catches and it's an enormous specimen that was estimated at about 25 kilos and a length of 134cm. It took Peter an hour to land on an 8wt. He has since passed away and I miss his his stories of Norway, Argentina and other remote areas of the world.

Hey

Im comming from Norway but live in sweden smile.gif Sorry i dont fish salmon, only trout

Nice to have aboard Hermansen. I'll enjoy hearing about trout fishing in Sweden.

I've been fishing a Rackelhanen pattern that I found on a fishing web site. It has worked very well for me here in Pennsylvania. I hope you can suggest some other patterns from there that may work here.

Hermansen welcome were glad to have ya abaord from such a long distance away,i look forward to hearing what the trout fishing is like and what patterens you guys use over there.

dornug.....i was thinkin the same thing!...well that sounds big....i think.... down.gif

SD

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Nov 8 2003, 03:00 PM)
Hermansen welcome were glad to have ya abaord from such a long distance away,i look forward to hearing what the trout fishing is like and what patterens you guys use over there.

dornug.....i was thinkin the same thing!...well that sounds big....i think.... down.gif

SD

user posted image

This is my favorite patterns.

Body: antilope black - and black hackel.

I will come back with more info about fishing in Norway and Sweden smile.gif

I would be very interested in seeing some of the general flies you fellows use over there when you get a chance.

Welcome to the site !

Id have a hard time fishing in Norway/Sweeden.

I have visions of the St. Paulie girl with a fly rod.

QUOTE (luvinbluegills @ Nov 11 2003, 02:50 PM)
Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing about the price of postage if you join any of our fly swaps! smile.gif

I can make a webpage with all my and my friends best fly patters smile.gif Lots of god caddis and mayflies imitations. I will come back with a link smile.gif

Hello all

I will make this webpage om 2004 som day in january, and this page will I make only for my "friend" in this forum. smile.gif I need my new camera smile.gif I will post the link on this topic smile.gif

Hermansen,

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy yourself here. It will be interesting to hear about fishing there and the patterns you use.

Tight Lines,

Fatman