Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FTF Fly Pattern - djmyers - Musky/Bass Streamer

Very nice. In the pattern info, you list a bead chain body and something is attached to the bead chain. Can you describe this better?

Deeky

In this picture I got the chartreuse a little too long. You can see the faint black marabou through the bright colors. By using the bead chain under it you can have a longer body without the longer materials that can fowl around the hook. I will try tonight to take a picture of the under body to show you what I did but between the segments of the bead chain I attached materials, often leaving at least one gap of bead chain to allow movement between the materials.

Here is another fly I was trying with the same concept and process of attaching materials to the bead chain. I have been testing different designs to see what materials work and what doesn't. This setup I wasn't as thrilled about the way it fished. The rubber legs wanted to fowl on the hook more than I liked. It wasn't extremely bad but it isn't my favorite tie. You can see that I leave a bead chain gap between the materials. It helps to keep it the tail flexible and flowing to have a little break. Otherwise it is just like having an articulated pattern with two hooks. Let me know if you have any other questions.

post-11501-0-59100100-1330439998_thumb.jpg