Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Pamenter

My first every fly - tied a simple clouser

Those flies are amazing, but then again my opinion might not really matter... (I'm a newbie, too!)

Clousers are supposed to be sparse, but that one looks great, it seems very balanced and clean with the distinct red/white split down the middle. I like it, looks to be a very effective fly. That's what you're after, after all. Let the fish be the final judge.

This was my first one so don't feel bad ;)

post-42849-0-95166100-1332774586_thumb.jpg

Well I have refined the clouser a little, I was not entirely happy so I have tried again, here is the next generation.

post-42559-0-41416800-1337982640_thumb.jpg

I had just recently watched the video of Lefty tying a deciever and for the hackle tail he would grab a bunch and twist them before cutting away from the group. This was a big time saver for me where as I was fastening them 2 on each side in pairs.

It gave his fly a nice bulky tail that looked stellar.

Sweet flies guy. I will probably be tying a few of both this weekend.

I had just recently watched the video of Lefty tying a deciever and for the hackle tail he would grab a bunch and twist them before cutting away from the group. This was a big time saver for me where as I was fastening them 2 on each side in pairs.

It gave his fly a nice bulky tail that looked stellar.

Sweet flies guy. I will probably be tying a few of both this weekend.

Had to start tying a few more of the prawn imitations after I sent all 11 that I had over to a shrimp swap on this forum.........starting to build up a bit of a collection now but still gota keep tying.

post-42559-0-54127400-1338498362_thumb.jpg

Well I have been busy and have been playing around with materials etc for the clousers. Found the bucktail I was using could be better and found a local shop that sells Wapsi products, they are just so much better than what I have been using. So here is a smaller size #1 clouser and a local favorite called a flathead bendback.

post-42559-0-35074100-1346719093_thumb.jpg post-42559-0-12713700-1346719115_thumb.jpg