Fly Tying
Nick Williams

Vise Comparison

I'm looking into getting a new vice as my old one broke. :( the three main ones I'm looking at are the Peak rotary vise, the Griffin Odyssey vise, and the Anvil Atlas. Anyone have/used them? I like the Peak as it has a ton of options available, and also found a great price on the Atlas. So any advice?

I use the peakand I love it, very smooth and yes loads of accessories. There is no movement to the pedestal base, no slipping to the jaws and all for a decent price. Best of all Jstockard is giving 25$ worth of materials with the purchase of a peak this month I saw. I bought mine a few years back and have not had any regrets. Not saying anything bad about others they all preform closely in their respective price ranges. Good luck and happy tying!

Evan

I have not used the Peak or Griffin. I have an Anvil and love it. They are a great company that stand behind their products.Sorry , that's not much help. It would be best if you could try each of them yourself before making the choice.

Fred

Yeah it would be good. However the only one I have available to see is the Peak, which there were things I liked and didn't like. So seeing them all is hard.