Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Swap interest

I have been slowly getting into tube flies and thought a swap would help to jump into this part of tying. Would there be any interest in a tube fly swap? I have no idea of a date or type yet. Just "fishing" for interest. What do you think?

Kevin

If it was left fairly open in terms of just being a tube fly Id be in.

Some idea on your thinking would be helpfull. Are you think something like trout,steelhead and salmon, or material and styles?

Kevin

Would intruder style flies be welcome in this swap too? I could be interested in an anadromous meaty swinging fly swap :)

Some idea on your thinking would be helpfull. Are you think something like trout,steelhead and salmon, or material and styles?

Kevin

Well thats kinda what I mean by leaving it open. So long as its tied on a tube I'd be happy to see what people tie. I tie tubes aimed at salmon, seatrout, brown trout, heavy ones, light ones. I would probably tie up some very slim needle tube flies cause they are great on light rods and fish summer salmon and year round trout.

My preference would be for plastic tubes with or without cone heads cause I prefer fishing them to the heavy metal tubes. But thats the beauty of these swaps you receive a magic surprise box.

Kevin

Oh I would prefer bare hookless tubes cause I use singles trebles and doubles as occasion suits. But if fellow swappers want a hook included I'm ok to add singles to mine.

I would expect to get them without hooks. I'm just getting started with it, so I use single hooks. I can leave it open but must be on a plastic tube. If there is enough interest we can run this.

Kevin