Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Couple hours on the water

Went out early Saturday morning on a little solo fishing excursion to test out my new Midwest Custom fly rod. The rod performed flawlessly. Fishing was so so. I caught 4 largemouth and a pike in about two and half hours. Beautiful morning though, I must say! I apologize for the pics not being the greatest. Hard to do when you are solo!

Largemouth!

303651_10100197288863716_557903812_n.jpg

IMG_9700-1.jpg

IMG_9701.jpg

Caught all the largemouth on the whitewater clouser

IMG_9222.jpg

Northern Pike!

IMG_9699-1.jpg

Caught the Pike on the pattern below. Carolina Fly Wedding Veil pattern. Looks and swims AWESOME. Only downside to it was that it got destroyed from the pike's teeth. Will be filling my boxes with these.

IMAG0521.jpg

I have no complaints on your pic quality..lol. Looks like you had a great day out, I envy you... :lol: Seriously good pics and nice fish!!

Murray

I have no complaints on your pic quality..lol. Looks like you had a great day out, I envy you... :lol: Seriously good pics and nice fish!!

Murray

I agree with this post. Plus there was no need to click a thumbnail and then have to scroll the window all over never being able to see the whole picture

at one time. . . . Good Job!

Thanks guys! I post pics using image html code from a photo hosting site. It works a lot better then the forum picture function for the exact reason that you mentioned stippled popper! I use photobucket.com, but there are a number of different ones that will work.

The lake I was on is my "go to". On a good day ill catch 10 or so largemouth and maybe 5 pike. The largemouth vary quite a bit in size but some are pigs. The one in the picture was just shy of 18". The pike are generally 15"-25". Not huge, but plentiful. The lake is FULL of carp. I'm sure I saw well over 100 that morning. If I could just figure out how to catch the bastards on the fly id be all set!