Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
purolohi kalastaja

sucked back in like a trout sipping dries....

Well, now that my pup is on his way to being "trained" I'm starting to have time to fish and tie flies again. Maybe even join some swaps....

IMAG0607-1.jpg

SHR Rigby's Tonkin Trout Grass aka Tonka

I look forward to connecting with those of you I've missed and maybe meeting some new folks....

Thanks, man.

I'm going trout fishing today for the first time in a year. Exactly a year, in fact. At about 8:30am one year ago I was fishing on the Rifle somewhere below Sage Lake Road and landed an 11 1/2 inch brown on an Adams. I missed him on the first cast to the tip of a sweeper from ankle deep water, so I let him rest for a few minutes. I dropped the fly just upstream of the sweeper and as it hit the eddy at the tip of the sweeper, he boiled the water. After a short fight on my 4wt, he was swimming back upstream to his hole.

Hope to do that again today, somewhere down here.

Welcome back...great to be able to come back after a year and see what's new...even better when someone remembers ya... :lol:

Murray

oh you were in Selkirk great Brown trout fishing there I love the under cuts at night with a 4/0 mouse you don't even need to see your fly just listen for the plop on the water then listen for the reel to start screaming