Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
navigator37

Pentax WG2 macro shooting

Hi all. Just bought this camera from pentax for it's macro and microscopic mode.

It's a little tricky to use in microscopic mode as you have to have steady hands.

Getting better with it as I practice.

A few shots from around the house.

post-18146-0-91477500-1343097672_thumb.jpg

post-18146-0-73372500-1343097704_thumb.jpg

post-18146-0-79023000-1343097760_thumb.jpg

post-18146-0-20386700-1343097810_thumb.jpg

post-18146-0-90922700-1343097860_thumb.jpg

post-18146-0-63128500-1343097906_thumb.jpg

Great shots, keep up the good work. You might want to think about picking up a monopod - Walmart had some pretty cheap ones the last I knew. (a tripod would be even better, though it would limit your mobility somewhat) There's just no way to hold a camera steady enough to get consistently good results without some kind of camera support. The margin for error is just too small with macro.

Great shots, keep up the good work. You might want to think about picking up a monopod - Walmart had some pretty cheap ones the last I knew. (a tripod would be even better, though it would limit your mobility somewhat) There's just no way to hold a camera steady enough to get consistently good results without some kind of camera support. The margin for error is just too small with macro.

Tripod is a good idea and very necessary. Checks some stores, they have some very small models.

Really like the skeeter photo, although that one looks a little small. Around here, the skeeters are so big (how big are they?)that when they're chasing you, they pick up rocks and throw them at you. :blink:

Agreed - a tripod is a must for macro. I have both a Gorillapod (the big one) and a ProMaster for my DSLR. Both are very stable, most tabletop tripods are made to support P&S cameras and should work well for that purpose.

Bug pix - a lot of those little fellers won't sit still long enough to have their picture taken. I put them in a pill box and let them sit in the freezer for a bit. Really slows them down and much easier to get a good picture.