Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Junior Hockey

Hey Daryn,

How are things going for you guys up there without NHL Hockey? We are going crazy in Buffalo. And no Hockey Night in Canada. wallbash.gif I need a Don Cherry fix. Love those lime green suits!

Charlie

As usual ESPN's coverage of hockey was brutal. Instead of showing the Canada-Russia final, they decide that billards was more interesting huh.gif I guess they figured that American hockey fans would tune out once team USA lost in the semi-finals. On the other hand, TSN showed games that didn't include team Canada. The Americans may have been the home team, but they couldn't sell out a single game.

Hockey? Did something happen to hockey? Hey wait! Jeannette Lee is playing Allison Fisher, I've gotta go!

QUOTE (CharlieD @ Jan 5 2005, 03:38 PM)
Hey Daryn,

How are things going for you guys up there without NHL Hockey? We are going crazy in Buffalo. And no Hockey Night in Canada. wallbash.gif I need a Don Cherry fix. Love those lime green suits!

Charlie

I lived in Scarbrough Ontario as a child and played in the O.H.L.. I was a Scarbrough Saber and still have the sweater for the last team I played for.

As far as missing Hockey I would Rather see them BAN figure skating for ever!!!!

Most people here are Leafs fans. T.M.L....T.M.L. They never win nothing but no one cares they just hope Dommi gets into a fight. Rugged bunch of coconuts!

QUOTE (atroutbum2 @ Jan 5 2005, 08:29 PM)
Is hockey that thing that happens when two icefishermen get into a fight? ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Ice fisherman dont fight...... they huddle arround trying to make a yellow pond. Suppose a few beer bottles would make a good net and a frozen Bluegill would make a perfect puck.

Yea I guess you were right thats Hockey!

First time I ever went to Nova Scotia to Salmon Fish was when the Sabers (my home team) where in the cup finals some time in June. The last game was that evening. My buddy Nick (CREE CADDIS on the forum) looks over at me while we were driving through the country of Canada and asks if I think they will have the game on when we get up there. I almost had to through him out of the truck!

Charlie

Congrats to the Canadian Team. headbang.gif

As far a Canadians missing NHL in general, there is not as much fuss about it as I would have expected. Here in Edmonton, we just got a new AHL team, and the play is almost as good as an oilers game, for about a 1/4 of the cost. 2 year, 3years, take your time. The NHL isn't the only game around.

user posted image

agreed pacres, spent a few years living in hamilton, and watching the bulldogs, i dont know for sure if its the same team, but 3 years ago, montreal, and edmonton, split their farm team up between the 2, and called em the bulldogs. im pretty sure its the same, and yes, great hockey !

Edmonton got our Toronto Roadrunners (ex of Pheonix ).

You are welcome!

Next year , we get our Farm team from Newfoundland here in TO.

(don't know how that will work, I feel sorry for the people on The Rock who supported the Baby Leafs)

Daryn, I'm an ex Scarberian Too ! ( Remember the Knobby?)

Charlie D , I'm 52 and don't remember the Sabres in the playoffs

(just kidding,,, go French Connection!) Rooooooobert!!! Riiiii...co Martin!!

Perrrrrreaugh

Honestly, that Canadian team this year was just unbelievable... to a man.

Fast, Hard checking, and good sportsmen.

I think they would give the Pros a run for the money.

Cheers All! headbang.gif

Duff

Dam rights, is it still there? how about The White Castle?

I was raised, at Kinston Road and St. Clair ave, if you are familar with this area, do you remember the slop? Best place arround to get something to eat. Now I know why all the Newfies arround here like the Leafs.