Fly Tying
phishy

Hello from Western Canada!

Hi everyone! Just started fly fishing/tying a little over a year ago, and would greatly appreciate any tips, techniques and/or patterns that people have found suitable for Brown & Rainbow trout. I've looked through the site, and everyone here seems to know so much, it's great to join the group!! Any other members from Canada? Would love to know of any reccomended places for fishing trout in Alberta. Thanks in advance!

I live in Alberta to!!!! There are lots of great little creaks and streams all over that hold some nice trout. For good places to fish i would say the Bow River but im sure your already know that. wink.png Good luck and welcome to the site.

Thanks FFL. I haven't actually tried fishing the Bow yet - but I definitely will! I just recently was at Red Deer river, and wanted to try Panther when it opens. Thanks for the welcome!

Calgary here, I recommend you pick up the book "Albertas trout highway" by Barry Mitchell it's a very good book for trout waters along the forestry trunk road. Will give you a start in the right direction. Lots of great information.

Calgary here, I recommend you pick up the book "Albertas trout highway" by Barry Mitchell it's a very good book for trout waters along the forestry trunk road. Will give you a start in the right direction. Lots of great information.

Just saw this now! This soundsexactly like what I'm looking for. I'll check er out! Thanks Spanky

Not sure where you are from in alberta but I found it at the fishin hole in Calgary for 24.99 I think

I live in Calgary too, only an 8 minute walk from the Bow. I picked up Albertas Trout Highway at either fishtales or wholesale, cant remember. Perhaps the Calgary group could hookup and fish sometime?? Just sayin :)