Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
culrich6

Hello from Central PA

I have been lurking here for quite sometime now taking in all the awesome information everyone has been sharing and learning a lot from it. I figured it was about time to sign up and participate a bit in the fun. A little bit about me..I am from central Pennsylvania, love to fish and hunt, have a wonderful wife and daughter, I am a bridge designer by day and make my own duck calls, goose calls and trout inline spinners as a hobby. I enjoy making what I use for hunting and fishing and I am new to the fly fishing scene. Have been fly fishing for about a year now and recently been looking into starting to tie my own flies. There are not a lot of good trout streams around where I live, however I live about 30 minutes from the Penns Creek which has a very good population of brown trout, this is where I will be doing most of my fly fishing. I am looking forward to learning from this forum and starting to tie my own flies.

Corey

Welcome Corey,I recently shed out of my lurking phase myself.Bugs are great for catching fish but beware the tying bug.You may start looking at things differently,such as cat toys,ribbon ,string, rubber bands etc..If you find something shiny in a dollar store and you hear angels sing you may have already been bitten.Open wallet surgery may soon follow.If you hunt then this problem will fit right in with everything like a match made in heaven.Welcome from Georgia.Good luck fishin and catchin!

Welcome from south central PA, i frequent the central PA streams often though. Mostly Little Juniata but i get to spring some and about once a year trek to Big fishing creek. You are in a great location and take advantage of it!

Evan