Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Let's See the D-base Grow!!!

Dear members,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of those who have contributed to the database. The database is a great source of information for our fellow tiers and a showcase for our skills. I encourage every member to submit patterns as often as they like. Our goal is to build on of the most extensive open community pattern databases on the web, but we can't do it without you guys! Trust me, if I had a dig. camera and the know how, I would have filled this thing myself by now!! biggrin.gif

Again, to our of our contributors, I sincerely thank you. And for those of you who have not, please feel free to add your submissions any time. Thanks!

Chris "Big Daddy" Hubbard cool.gif

I will also be working on the database to make it a little more "user friendly" and one new feature will be to allow you to edit your pattern. I know some have had trouble with it but it is a work in progress.

I did enhance the searching for it a little bit today so it will be a little easier for people to find the patterns they are looking for.

BTW any suggestions on making the database better is great appreciated!

See fellas, Will's doing all the hard work, all you have to do is put it on the site!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif Other than the knowledge of our pros like Jim and John, the database could easily be our next great resource...

let's hope so!!!! Was thinking about you the other day, Mark....when I was catching a few slab crappies on the longrod at a local creek...you would have loved it!!!

Now that the fishing is pretty much over for me, the tying will begin in earnest. I'll add to the database as I progress, especially with some of my own pike flies that I'm tying for a local shop. Scaled down a bit, they're killer for bass.

I have a question regarding the database.....can we make it so that more than one target species can be selected? As it stands now, some patterns have wide fishing applications and to put them under the umbrella of only one species just doesn't fit. The other species could be mentioned in the notes section (as I've done a few times), but it would be more deliberate and much clearer if they could be included in the target species heading.

Whether this is possible or not, I just don't know. Thanks either way.

to be honest, Mark, not real sure how we do classify submissions.....Will, do you have any input on this?

It is already set-up for multiple species.

Just hold down control and click on as many species as you wish. Same goes for most of the other fields that you have to choose.

Well, I get this really good bluegill pattern, but don`t have a digital camera, so I can`t put it on there. If someone will tie the flies, usin the description that I give you, then e-mail me the pics, I would put them on there, or even they could put it on there, I just want everyone to have this wonderful bluegill fly!

yeah, kinda stuck in that area too, G.....have my borther do all the tech work...he's a computer engineer, but is camera is for crap!....If you can get the poics into your e-mail and send them to us, I'm sure we can do something with 'em...

Mark, I know that you tie commercially, most here probably were not aware of that, and I know that you do tremendous work...I work forward to your pike and bass flies....hoping to learn a thing or two from you, ol' boy.....and thanks, in advance!

Ditto, Chris......I look forward to seeing your continuing expansion of poppers and deer hair work.

Although I tie commercially, my current work load is nothing like what it used to be when I was an actual summer employee for a guide service. Right now I can usually tie when it's fairly convenient for me. I'm sure that some of the others like Jim are far busier.

But thanks for the kind words. biggrin.gif