Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Nate

Ep fibres

Hey guys I'm looking into getting some ep fibres to do up some bait fish patterns. The local shops around here do not carry it. Where is a good place to order it from and other tying stuff from.

Cheers.

I would also suggest looking at the congo hair on FTD. That is great stuff. From what I've seen, EP fibers fun about 6 bucks a pack on the cheap side. The congo hair on FTD is $1.75 a pack. The only difference I can really see is that the EP fibers have more of a sheen to them. Other than that they are basically the same. Due to the price difference I use the congo hair for all my EP fiber style flies and have had good success with it. Just a suggestion to save a lot of cash. If you set on using EP, not really sure where is is cheapest but a lot of online dealers carry it. Like I said though, never seen it for under 6 bucks.

I was going to second the congo hair suggestion. For less money you get a lot more. And if you do his box specials you can get one of each color for about 1.20$ each.

Yeah his box specials are a great deal. Also his batfish eyes are priced extremely well. I have started to use Fly Tyers dungeon for just about all my synthetics.