Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Cannonx4

Gatlinburg, TN

My family and I will be up there at the end of the month, Feb. 20th actually. I was just wondering if anyone would like to get together and sling a line? I plan on fishing at least Saturday and Sunday morning. Though I may leave early enough on Friday to get there around daylight on Friday. The only time I have ever fished up there was last summer for just a couple of hours on morning. I fish downtown Gatlinberg then with no luck.

Check out website, fishing report and blog of Little River Outfitters. I think it will help you regarding fishing locations. Good luck.

Gatlinburg is still delayed harvest fishing right now, and it has been fishing well for stocker bows the past several months. Black buggers and eggs patterns are good. Fish the waters along the road from pigeon forge to the G-burg bypass. if you go up into the park , the water temps are really cold and the fishing will be tough. There is snow on the higher elevations right now, so most of our fly fishing has been on the local tailwaters or the delayed harvest. .

Smoky mtn angler fly shop has a few guides taking several trips a week to the delayed harvest streams, so they can give you some up to date info when you get here.