Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Bass Seaducer

Nice looking fly.....I was looking for a couple new (to me) leech patterns to play with this winter. I'm not familiar with that hook, is that a short shank?

Mike, I'm not so sure that it's a Leech pattern, but when I added the pattern, that seemed to be the best place to put it. It's a old saltwater fly (Seaducer), tied in a color that is not usually used for the salt, however it's also an excellent Striper color! I use this particular version in tidal rivers for bass, so suspect it's taken as an Eel. I'll be submitting some more colors of the same fly.

That hook is a Mustad Ultra Point #32807BLN, it has a black nickel finish & is sold as their "Denny Brauer Flippin' Hook." The hook I used is a size 1/0, which is the smallest size available. It's a round bend worm hook, and I wouldn't call it a short shank hook. It has some barbs on the shank for holding plastics, but it's still a nice hook for big bass flies. I've even used it for large poppers & deerhair bugs.

You may have already realized that I don't always use conventional fly hooks! laugh.gif

scary Jim....i like to use Eagle Claw baitholders to do Bombers....SURE you've never been to KY? Don't make me ask my mother!! blink.gif