Fly Tying
JohnWu

Best breathable waders?

I realize that, but that isn't what I asked. Again, "Does breathability matter FOR THAT PART OF THE WADER WHICH IS UNDER WATER?"

Yes it does.

I agree.

The deciding factor is that we wade in water that is cooler than our body temperature. So warm water vapor can escape to a cooler area.

"That’s what any breathable fabric does: it acts as a one-way door for water vapor. Even better, it continues to work under water, so long as the exterior liquid is substantially cooler than the body temperature of the wearer. (When the water is 90 degrees, the “high pressure system” created by the angler can’t push the vapor hard enough to counteract the resistance of the “low pressure system” outside.)"

http://midcurrent.com/gear/breathing-underwater/

But the DWR coating has to be intact. To test it, pour water on your waders and if the water does not "bead" up, you need to wash the waders and renew the DWR coating. See my post below.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/320204-armor-all-waders-2.html#post558841

I realize that, but that isn't what I asked. Again, "Does breathability matter FOR THAT PART OF THE WADER WHICH IS UNDER WATER?"

Chill buddy, short answer yes.

"Does breathability matter FOR THAT PART OF THE WADER WHICH IS UNDER WATER?"

why do you ask? maybe your concern or focus can be more directly addressed to your liking.

eric

fresno, ca.