Fly Tying
flygirl

Blizzard flies

managed to get something accomplished besides having a sore back from shoveling. I think I'm all set with San Juan Worms

post-9408-0-90709600-1489522970_thumb.jpg

post-9408-0-82009800-1489522995_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting flygirl, that shiny tan one would look real good tumbling down Clear Creek tomorrow.

What is that material?

Are you selling those rojos and pinks?

Carry On...

I tried posting this in the Fly pattern data base but was having too much trouble. It used to be so simple . The material is Pearl Core Braid in Tan....easy tie , I wrap med. Uni Wire around the hook ,then tie on the material. Glad you like

I tried posting this in the Fly pattern data base but was having too much trouble. It used to be so simple . The material is Pearl Core Braid in Tan....easy tie , I wrap med. Uni Wire around the hook ,then tie on the material. Glad you like

Got that in stock, the Copycat will roll out a few.

You should post your caddis larvae from that Swap too, it was very nice!

Flat Rock , thanks, I have the Caddis Larva listed in the database with tying instructions.... if you tie these up , the trick with the core braid is when you melt the ends you have to TWIST it quick between your fingers. let us know how you make out

hi flygirl, just asking but isn,t braided materials too stiff..i don,t have much experience with braided stuff but it always appeared stiff...thanks

Flygirl

Have you tried the squirmy wormy material. They work real well not as pretty as yours though.

ben bell , i don't think the braided material is too stiff......at least the fish don't mind. The tan has been the more productive color. Kudu...I have tried the squirmies but you're right...I like the prettier one

flygirl, after thinking a little more, it,s probably no stiffer than the plstic in regular worms and like you say maybe more attractive to the fish....i will give it a ty.. thanks.

Here is what I concocted without a trip to Sheridan and time on my hands because our ponds are still frozen despite our 70 degree weather on Wednesday

FLYGIRL INSPIRED ANNELIDA

Thread: Tan 6/0 Danville

Hook: #14 Ring eye, all purpose

Tailing: Light pink, polyolefin yarn or equivalent

Rib: Dark Pink, Metallic Craft Store threa

Body: Pearl Cord Braid, Root Beer

DSC01470.JPG