Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Steelhead Fly Swap - Sign Up!

I'm in, maybe an Ed Haas pattern. Gee, for a Florida boy I sure seem to be tying a lot of Steelhead flies lately. cool.gif

QUOTE (redneckfisherman @ Nov 30 2003, 07:15 PM)
Well, I don`tk now any stealhead patterns, but I would like to learn some. It seems like smallie talked bout wooly buggers bein good. Are they steelie patterns? If not, are marrabou buggers? If not, could someone tell me a good pattern to learn to tie. I guess what I`m tryin to say is, if yall don`t mind a new steelie tier gettin in, then I`m in. Hope to get up and fish for them when I get my license, and I could just go ahead and get the flies now. So, I`m in! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Red sure you can join! If you want to tie a wooly bugger then just add a little sparkle (krystal flash) to the tail and a egg head if you want and presto...instant steelie fly wink.gif

SD

I`m thinkin a spring wiggler. It doesn`t look that hard. Does that color matter? I was thinkin a gray squirrel tail, with olive gray chenille, black thread, and grizzly hackle. Would that work? Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

I'm in on this one...its a toss up between the scrappy nymph, the XXX-pervert, and the egg sack....all have been doing good so far here in the midwest.....can i tie all three and trade??

tight lines...

HDS

ph34r.gif fish like a ninja

yeah the xxx-pervet...its a sort of hybrid between a nymph on a curved nymph 2x hook crossed with a bugger pattern crossed with a madame-x....maybe I'll shoot for that one...I am sure you are all familiar with the egg sack? its a variant of schaadts egg sack..you know that one?

tight lines

HDS

Well, I tied up those flies last night, with all I had. I had a gray squirrel, squirrel tail, some olive gray leech yarn, and some grizzly saddle hackle. Tied it up with those. I think it looks pretty good, but then again, I aint a steelie. If yall think this is good tell me, and if yall don`t think it`s good, I guess I`ll either look for another fly, or drop out of the swap. Thanks in advance! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Hello All,

I'm new to this board smile.gif . I would like to getin on this swap if it is OK with everyone.

Thanks,

Mozes

Looks like just one more needed to make the even dozen.

Unless Smalliehunters math is better than mine.

I PM'ed everyone who signed up my address. If you have not received it.

Please PM me.

I do not have a digital camera and will not be able to post pictures of the flies.

Once the swap is completed. Can some one volunteer to take pictures and post on the board?

We have 12 tiers so that closes this swap.

Remember flies are due to me by Jan 20, 2004. I sent my home address to everyone by PM. If you have not received it please let me know.

Also, please remember to:

1) "toe tag" each fly with your screen name

2) Mail flies in a crush proof box. Put your screen name on the box as well. It will be returned to you.

3) Don't forget the correct postage on the return envelope. Do not send postage money.

Thanks to all who joined and happy tying !

And thanks Steeldrifter for posting the pics later ! headbang.gif