Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

Chub flyfishing day of me!

Hi, guys,

I was away for some bussy weeks, but now I can tell you a story of a flyfishing outlet of mine a week ago.

It was in a steam-power plant warm mater channel near Plovdiv town, one of the bigest town in Bulgaria.

I was with a friend of mine Pavlin Simeonov, the nightmare of the gigantic chubs of Maritsa river, the highest water river in Bulgaria

user posted image

If you do not remember who is Pavlin, take a look here:

user posted image

The spring here with the melting of the snow, makes the level of the rivers higher, and cold, wich makes the fish not to eat flies.

And we had the great problem to find some place for fishing. Pavlin is from Plovdiv, he is very good flyfisherman and knows well each river, pond, ehehehe, and even name of fish in the Plovdiv's area.

user posted image

So it was easy for us to find the warm waters of the channel, where we made nice fly fishing outlet.

Here you are some pictures of that day:

user posted image

The chubs were not that big, but was a lot of action casting betwen the bushes and brunches of the old trees

user posted image

The place where we were fishing were like sets of the Tolkin's "Lord of the rings", and I was almost afraid whether some hungry creatures could creep out...

user posted image

I used some of my favourite chub's foam flies

user posted image

The fish was very cautious because of the clear water

user posted image

And we have only one chance to aim and to cast. If there was a mistake, we said to the fish - good by my dear

user posted image

The fish was just above the top of the water, taking some sunny bath

user posted image

Sometimes they got into the duckweeds and branches in the water, and was very hard to take them out

user posted image

But that was the sweet part of the fishing, the way that you are trying to do your best catching the fish...

I wish you such great feelings!

Rado

P.S. Dedicated to Graham Owen

Hi Shark, You guys look like characters from the Lord of the Rings. LOL.. Just kidding my friend. Looks like you had a lot a fun fishing that day, sure wish I could have been there. I haven’t fished a river yet this year and I enjoyed your pictures, makes me wish I had at least fished some of the smaller streams closer to home, where the trout are small, yet beautiful little gems. Fishing for Chubs sure looks challenging, thanks for sharing.

Graham

Looking at that first pic one thing comes to my mind.....

"it's dark, we're wearing sunglasses, got a half pack of smokes, and a full tank of gas....hit it!

laugh.gif

Cool pic's thanks for shareing those with us, that one pic of your buddy with that monster is probably the biggest one I have ever seen unsure.gif

QUOTE ("Graham")
You guys look like characters from the Lord of the Rings

Ha-ha-ha, hi, Graham, you have very nice sense of humour, I shouted with laughter friend, i like the jokes a lot.

I wish you to go there at your river and to catch some nice looking trout, I will wait for this moments.

QUOTE ("steeldrifter")
"it's dark, we're wearing sunglasses, got a half pack of smokes, and a full tank of gas....hit it!

Ehehehehe, man, we are not smokers, but from that sentence you wrote, I would love to be, ehehehee.

QUOTE ("steeldrifter")
that one pic of your buddy with that monster is probably the biggest one I have ever seen

Then here you are some else:

user posted image

user posted image

He is my idol, he catch about ten of those Godzilas each year...

Cheers guys!

Rado

Great pictures!! Here in America our chubs are smaller. As a boy I caught lots and lots of chubs. I have a goal this season to catch a measured 12" chub, which in our country would be very large for a chub.