Fly Tying
stony

Changes in Postage Regulations

I just went to the post office to drop off some flies from my swap. The girl working there said she would double check the packages to ensure the postage was correct.

Come to find out that every package was $1.30 and I had to cover the postage on most of the envelopes.

It seems as though the USPS is not figuring postage by weight only any longer but by weight and dimensions.

The standard envelope that 99% of us use combined with the 2oz weight comes out to $1.30. Gone are the days of the $0.63 stamp.

Just wanted to let all of you swappers know so that proper postage will be applied to your return envelopes.

Hey Stony

For the information of swappers from canada to the US the Flies that I just sent back for the steelhead swap all came in at about 4-4.50 Cdn for a normal Altoids tin and Cd size envellope, If you can find a pill box withbn the thickness of a Tic-Tac container (about 3/8") that will seal in a normal envellope the postage drops almost in half. Just a note for what its worth.

Jon