Fly Tying
DWSmith

Vise review videos - entertaining. :)

When it comes to reviews we live in a wonderful time IMHO.  Youtube rules!

I'm not yet in the market for a new vise but knowledge is power and videos are entertaining so in preparation for the future I'm watching vise review videos to learn about what's available.

Maybe I just don't get it but so many reviews talk about how a vise is fast.  I find this humorous.  This is a hobby.  If I sit down to tie a few flies then reach over to my cup of coffee for a sip I've wasted any time I've saved.  I don't look for ways to save time doing something enjoyable (unless somehow it makes it even more enjoyable).

Also, the mention of a vise's coolness factors comes up now and then.  Is tying flies a cool activity?  Let me ask 10 non-flytying friends to find out.  I'll also ask them if they want to see my really cool vise to see what they say.  :D

For me these reviews are worth watching.  Most, if not all, are very well done by very knowledgeable folks.  I'm learning a lot but I'm also grinning pretty often.

I'm not criticizing but just poking fun.

Life it good!  :)

16 minutes ago, DWSmith said:

This is a hobby.  If I sit down to tie a few flies then reach over to my cup of coffee for a sip I've wasted any time I've saved.  I don't look for ways to save time doing something enjoyable (unless somehow it makes it even more enjoyable)

Thank you.